Admit it. We all feel hungry when we read. Especially when they describe all those elaborate feasts and picnics and brunches. Don’t we all transform into foodaholics of some kind by reading those instances? Here is what I eat when I am on a reading spree:
- A jar of crunchy peanut butter and a smaller jar of jam. I alternate between the two. This is when I am reading fantasy novels or even watching a fantasy movie. I don’t feel like anything else. Sometimes I have Marie biscuits along with these.
- A plate of Chicken Biryani or spicy Khichdi or noodles or one pot meals when I am reading South Asian fiction. It can also be a place of Idli-Sambhar for all you know. But Spicy is what I crave for, when I take up these books.
- While reading diaries or non-fiction (rare instances) I tend to have lots of cold coffee or iced tea or chilled juice. Sometime accompanied by popcorn.
- Chick lit is very special for me. I read only a few authors and I take my time to seep into every funny sentence and keel over with laughter. I can’t afford to have food, which I can spill all over when I do that 😉 So, I have a lot of packed snacks and chocolates and biscuits when I read them.
- Sandwiches and hot brewing tea/coffee are a must when I read my Enid Blytons. There are so many mentions of them in her books that you just can’t go through the pages without eating these. Butter and Jam sandwiches are a staple and if I get the time, I make egg sandwiches.
- I usually read books in other languages after a heavy Sunday lunch. So all I can eat at that time is lots of fresh, seasonal fruits.
What is your favourite food to go with the books you read?