YOLO – You Only Live Once.
This phrase maybe smell “Young Adult” to most of you, but it still holds prominence in our lives. Don’t we have only one life and we should make the best of it in every which way possible? After all, it is the life in your years that counts and not the years in your life. I forgot who quoted this and too lazy to look up. But the fact does ring a bell, a loud one at that.
How we apply YOLO principle in our lives is completely based on individual preferences. For me, it means a list of things that I should be able to do without any inhibition. Let me share some of them with you, adding bits and pieces from my friends’ lists as well.
- Learn as many new things as you can. Develop new hobbies and practice old ones. You will not be bored, even for a moment.
- Giggle like a duck or better, like geese. Don’t let anyone hold you down.
- Go places. Short of funds? Rediscover places near your home. Maybe a stroll in the park or the nearby lake? You will surely get a new perspective every time. Trust me.
- Be playful and sharpen your prank skills. Not nasty ones of course, but something well within limits and without hurting anyone in the process.
- Sing. Dance. Write. Read. Take up sports. Do any of these with unprecedented zeal.
- Collect things. Collect things that do not require a penny. I collect tags and labels from the clothes I buy.
- Add to your knowledge. You have Google. You have internet. You have the time. Invest it in adding to your knowledge. Learn something everyday. You will be richer than the richest person.
- Eat without feeling tensed. Eat whatever you like whenever you like. Indulge in your favorite icecream or pizza. It doesn’t hurt. Dance away the calories if you want. Or not. Just no stress taking.
- Sleep in. Slack work for exactly one day, when you are really burned up. Switch off your mobile and all the social contacts and sleep in your cozy, comfy bed.
- Star gaze. Cloud gaze. Fish eye gaze. Gaze. Stand and stare; without being full of care.
Do add your preferences to the list. 🙂