I am back with my series of posts. 🙂
This time, it is a QA session from another book-lover who is one of my closest buddies. He is one of the person who can give you the best suggestions and honest ones at that, from a wide-range of topics, including books, technology, music and movies. Here is a set of questions asked by me and answered by Kirk.
- Name 5-10 of your most favourite books
- J. K. Rowling – Harry Potter Series
- Christopher Paolini – Inheritance Cycle
- Jeffery Archer – Clifton Chronicles, Kane and Able, As the Crow Flies.
- Dan Brown – Angels and Demons.
- A book that you have re-read the most
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone. It was 9th Grade when I started HP series, I guess it was because J.K. Rowling was working on the 6th book and I couldn’t get any closure. I re-read this book to the point I could repeat the first two chapters from memory. I even typed these chapters on to my laptop under the ruse of learning to type (guess this also kindled my interest with computers). Now I never, never ever read a book twice.
3. Favourite authors and why
- Jeffery Archer. Here’s why “They (public/crowds) are the most important,” he says. “The public will tell you. Not the critics or the clever talkers. The public can always tell who is the storyteller. And that’s why storytellers always dominate the lists.”
- Genre you dislike
- Memoirs, Narrative Non-Fiction. I don’t understand why these non-fiction genre exist :p
- Character crush
- Arya from Inheritance Cycle.
- Character you strongly identify with
- I have always have had an affinity towards characters who support the protagonist in every book I read. The real underdog I mean (apart from the one being paraded around by the author). Right now, I strongly identify with Denethor in LOTR: The Return of the King
7. One character you want to bring to the real world
- Saphira from Inheritance Cycle 🙂 , just Kidding. To be honest, no one really. Books are meant to enable you to model a fantasy of a unique imaginative character created by the author. Let your Imaginations run free never limit them to this crippled reality we call life.
- What is your ideal reading space/environment
- Any place where I can silently concentrate on reading without being intermittently disturbed.
- Must-have books in a collection
- Harry Potter Series and Clifton Chronicles Series.
10 . Earliest memory of books and reading
- Oliver Twist and some Indian Gods Mythology from Macmillan Publishers. I used to read these during vacations to my aunt’s house in Pune.
- Weirdest book or reading experience
- Wayne Edward Clarke – People of the Tiger (Book One of The Rational Future Series).
This was a great set of answers. Don’t you think so too? Ping me if you want to participate 🙂