- Name 5-10 of your most favourite books
- Power of One – Bryce Courtenay
- To Kill A Mockingbird – Harper Lee
- Jane Eyre – Jane Austen
- Major Pettigrew’s Last Stand – Helen Simonson
- Exodus – Leon Uris
- Sister of my Heart – ChitraBanerjee Divakaruni
- My Sister’s Keeper – Jodi Picoult
- Far Pavilions – M M Kaye
- NeermathalamPoothaKalam (Malayalam) – Kamala Das
- Sheer Mischief – Jill Mansell
- A book that you have re-read the most
Jane Eyre. I never grow tired of reading about Jane Eyre. Such a plucky heroine and the best thing Ilike about her is her strong belief in herself. Of course the gorgeous brooding Mr.Rochester adds to the allure J
3.Favourite authors and why
Kamala Das – For creating magic with her words. For constructing beautiful word pictures and taking the reader right into them.
Harper Lee – For creating amazing characters like Atticus Finch and Scout. For giving me idols, fictional admittedly, but who I can look up to.
Jill Mansell – For having the most spunky and interesting heroines I’ve ever read about. For creating truly delightful worlds peopled by endearing characters. How I wish I could live at least for a short time in one of her novels J
- Genre you dislike
Paranormal, Science Fiction
- Character crush
Ari Ben Canan from Exodus written by Leon Uris. He’s a Jewish freedom fighter who’s strong, principled and kind.
- Character you strongly identify with
There’s no particular character as such , but I strongly identify with certain aspects of different characters. I love
- the independent spirit of Elizabeth Bennet (Pride and Prejudice)
- the quiet strength of Jane Eyre (Jane Eyre)
- the zest for life of Zoya(The Zoya Factor)
- the absolute belief that Scout has in her father, the way she sees him as a bastion of all that is good and moral (To Kill A Mockingbird)
- The ability of Jennifer Parker to bounce right back with renewed vigour from the countless adversities that life hands to her. (Rage of Angels)
7.One character you want to bring to the real world
Atticus Finch. It would be great if he could be my neighbor, since I can have long conversations with him over ice-cold glasses of lemonade.
- What is your ideal reading space/environment?
Anywhere I’m undisturbed. Reading is a passion and so I just need a book and uninterrupted time J
- Must-have books in a collection
Power Of One – Bryce Courtenay
To Kill A Mockingbird – Harper Lee
Wheel of Time series – Robert Jordan
Calvin and Hobbes series
Pride and Prejudice – Jane Austen
The entire P G Wodehouse collection
10.Earliest memory of books and reading
Poring over books in the Trivandrum Public Library when I was 7 or 8. Waiting eagerly for the story telling aunty to start her stories.
- Weirdest book or reading experience
The brother of a best-selling author, who himself had written a book, had come to my town for a book reading. He spoke quite eloquently about himself and I had very high expectations from the book. It was a shock to my system when I actually read the book. It was such a let down!
How about taking part in this series? Contact me and I will reach out to you with the questions 🙂