Nope. I am not against those who buy makeup and love it to the core. It is just that they are a different species and I am a different species. And after buying makeup with a friend, for the friend, I have come to a definite conclusion and that is – I rather invest in books than makeup. My reasons would be:
- Makeup has a poor shelf life. 3 years max. Books, well no such limit on them!
- Spending a grand on a makeup fetches you maybe a handful of products or just one product. Spending a grand on books, can fill up your entire shelf (if you purchase from sales and book fairs).
- You need to practice with a steady hand – how to apply makeup. No such skills are required to read a book.
- Can you multitask while applying makeup? I bet you can’t. Books allow you to multitask in more ways than one. 😉
- Makeup trends change with season and time. Books refuse to do so. That is why we have classics.
- You cannot inherit makeup products passed down several generations. With books, it is a possibility.
- Precision is a must for makeup. But books let you be an oaf.
These are my excuses of not investing in that perfect Marsala lipstick or the latest eye liner. I would rather have a rare copy of To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee, plop on an unshapely bean bag and start reading it nonstop.