Call this insane. But I have seen this happen with my own two eyes. You can lose friends by reading books. Not that you SHOULD. But I digress. Here is how you tend to lose friends as you read books:
- Books on your to-be-read list outnumber the friends you currently have in your life.
- You’d rather curl up in your bed or couch with a comforter, book, torch and coffee/tea than go out with friends on a weekend.
- When someone attempts to snap you out of your reading phase, you mentally cut them off, even if its only for that very instant.
- You love the smell of books – old and new, more than you love the smell of people!
- You don’t dream of matching curtains and bed covers. You dream of a room full of books and reading nooks.
- You gravitate towards people who are as obsessed with books as you are.
- You often judge people based on your current read or a book you read in the recent past. This doesn’t go down well with them I suppose!
- Nobody can understand bookspeak.
- Books are your BAE. Period.