Dog ears look good on dogs and not books. It completely turns me off when someone dog ears books. It makes me breathe like a dragon when the books are mine. Why is it so hard to grab a bookmark or make one or buy some or think of something innovative and place it on the last read page?
Is it rocket science? No!
- Print some. There are loads of free templates online, which I discussed with a fellow booklover. Take some neat prints on thick paper of your choice and what do you have there? Plenty of awesome looking bookmarks.
- Grab a tag from your new clothes. They make so many pretty tags…branded or not, you can always use them as makeshift bookmarks!
- Safety pin. Yes, a safety pin is thin, small, and can easily make a bookmark if you can’t find any lying around. Just make sure that the head of the pin is visible.
- Tissue paper/paper napkin – clean one of course. Fold it in a thin rectangle and you are done for the time being.
- Paper clips – these are by far the best bookmarks but you should never leave them for a long period of time else they rust or spoil pages.
- Use a ribbon. If you are a guy, borrow some 😉
- Just tear out a news paper or a carton and use it temporarily.
- Old visiting cards also make great bookmarks.
- Sticky notes can also serve as bookmarks, some of us just don’t think of them in that way.
- Last one, use really thin twigs as bookmarks – they should be completely dry. Great if you have taken your book outdoors and forgotten your bookmarks.
Share your bookmark ideas with us!
Bookmark print out idea was given to me by – http://ojitosperle.wordpress.com/